- The academic scholarship is available to undergraduate students enrolled full time in a course of undergraduate study leading to the first bachelor’s degree.
- First-time freshmen are eligible for University of Miami academic scholarships for four years (eight consecutive semesters), or such shorter time required to complete the baccalaureate degree.
- Transfer students are eligible for University of Miami academic scholarships for two years (four consecutive semesters), or such shorter time required to complete the baccalaureate degree.
- Academic scholarships may be applied only to fall and spring semester coursework of undergraduate study only. They are not available during a summer term.
- Bachelor of Architecture students may receive the scholarship for five academic years (ten consecutive semesters), or such shorter time required to complete the degree. Bachelor of Architecture students admitted as a transfer student from another university may receive the scholarship for up to three academic years (six consecutive semesters), or such shorter time required to complete the degree.
Credit Hour and GPA Requirements for UM Scholarships
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) for all credit hours earned at the University of Miami to retain their scholarship.
- All full-time undergraduate students are required to register for and complete at least 24 (a minimum of 12 each semester) new credit hours at the University of Miami each academic year, defined as the fall and spring semesters.
- Reinstatement of academic scholarship eligibility can be obtained by earning additional University-approved credit hours. The University reviews progress once a year at the end of the spring semester.
- Withdrawals, Incomplete, Audits, and F's are attempted but not considered earned credit hours
- Ronald Hammond scholarship recipients should refer to their contract for renewal criteria provided by the Office of Academic Enhancement.
All 2014-2015 and prior academic scholarship recipients please refer to the Bulletin at the time when you were admitted into the university for scholarship renewal requirements.