- FFA 190-199. First-Year Seminars in Arts
- FLT 190-199. First-Year Seminars in Literature
- FNS 190-199. First-Year Seminars in Natural Science
- FPR 190-199. First-Year Seminars in Philosophy/Religion
- FSS 190-199. First-Year Seminars in the Social Sciences
Conceived as alternatives to the typical survey courses that incoming students take, First-Year Seminars offer a limited number of students a small class focused on a specific topic. The seminars are interdisciplinary in nature and/or experimental in subject and design. Seminars are taught by distinguished faculty from a wide variety of academic disciplines and offer students the opportunity to engage in research from their first semester on campus. No student may take more than one. First-Year Seminars are 3 credit hour courses that may be used to fulfill general education requirements in STEM, People & Society, or Arts & Humanities, as they can be a part of cognates.