The Cane Card is an on-campus student identification card. Students, faculty, and staff must present a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport when acquiring their card. The Cane Card provides access to on-campus student residences, the Otto G. Richter Library, computer laboratories, the swimming pool, the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center (for those who purchase a membership), and other facilities where access has been granted. The Cane Card is also used to control lending privileges at the library, access to athletic and other events (fee required), the purchase of discounted Metrorail tickets, U-Print services, and meal plan privileges. All University of Miami students, faculty and, staff are required to carry their Cane Cards for identification purposes while on campus.
- Lost or stolen Cane Cards should be reported to the Cane Card office at 305-284-3096 during the week or anytime by accessing your MyUM account, under the financial tab.
- Lost or stolen cards may also be reported to security 24 hours per day at 305-284-6666.
- After being reported stolen or lost, a card will be deactivated to prevent unauthorized use.
- Lost or stolen cards will be replaced for a $25 fee (Fee waived in certain circumstances. Please contact the Cane Card office for additional details).
- Damaged cards will be replaced for free upon exchange of the original damaged card.
- For all issues with Cane Express accounts, call Student Account Services at 305-284-6430.