Students applying for acceptance to degree status must comply with the general requirements of the Graduate School. General requirements for the M.S. degree are listed under the Engineering heading of this section and in the general information of this Bulletin.
- One academic year, or equivalent, spent in full time graduate study will be the minimum time necessary for a student to fulfill the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Both a 30 credit hour thesis option and a 30 credit hour non-thesis option are available.
- The student taking the Thesis Option must take an oral examination in defense of the thesis.
- The student taking the Non-Thesis Option must complete a 3 credit hour Graduation Project at the end of the course program.
- The Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Management Option) can only be taken under the Non-Thesis Option.
- This degree specialization combines 15 credit hours selected from graduate business courses with 15 credit hours in a graduate engineering area of concentration.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering is required.
General requirements for the M.S. degree are listed under the Engineering heading of this section and in the general information of this Bulletin.