The mission of the Master of Music Degree in Instrumental Performance is to:
- Provide students the highest quality of education available in the areas of instrumental performance and musicianship that will provide them the skills required to lead a professional performance career as a classical instrumentalist.
- To stimulate the student's awareness and artistic creativity in the field of instrumental performance
- To provide students public performance opportunities in a supportive and encouraging environment
- To provide students the writing and research skills needed in order to adequately prepare them for study at the doctoral level.
- To provide students with essential knowledge of repertoire, in all its facets, in order that they be conversant and readily able to apply it in their performance field.
|MIP 812||Master's Recital||1|
|Choose one course from the following:|
MMI 632 Arts Leadership
MMI 735 World of the Working Musician
MUS 735 Media Creation
MUS 745 Peak Performance
MED 755 The Teaching Artist
MUS 755 Communication, Marketing, and Publicity for the Performing Artist
|Electives, chosen in consultation with advisor||11|
|Comprehensive Masters Jury|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
Ensemble Policy: Students must be enrolled in at least one advisor-approved ensemble for each semester in residence.
Recital Policy: Students must give one, full-length recital (MIP 812 Masters Recital). Students who wish to give a second, optional recital may enroll in MIP 813 Masters Second Recital, with advisor approval, under "Electives