The Frost Online Certificate in Artist Development consists of 9, graduate-level credits that allow enrollees to pursue professional development as performing artists. Credits are earned by choosing three courses from a provided menu of five, 3-credit courses that must be completed within two years. This certificate may be applied toward a graduate degree for the individual who is later accepted into a degree program.
*This program is not eligible for federal or state financial aid. Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment for further assistance.
How To Apply
Go to our online application.
- Unofficial transcript: Submit a copy of your transcript from all academic institutions attended.
- Résumé: Submit your most recent résumé that appropriately illustrates your professional experience.
- Personal statement: Submit a one-page personal statement addressing your interest in the program in relation to your professional background and career aspirations.
- Language Proficiency: International students who do not hold an undergraduate U.S degree must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. For more information, please see the Student Handbook.
Request your transcripts electronically (preferred) or by regular mail:
2. By mail:
Online Enrollment – Admissions Office | University of Miami
Gables One Tower, 1320 S Dixie Hwy, Suite 902
Locator – 2291
Coral Gables, FL 33146 – 2991
Please note: All graduate applicants who have attended a college or university outside the United States must submit official transcripts and diplomas from all colleges and universities attended to one of the three approved evaluation services.
Enter name and contact information for one (1) person who can comment on your professional ability in the online application.
Your reference automatically receives an email to fill out your recommendation online. You can then track the status of the recommendation in the system. Recommendations must be received by the application deadline to be considered for admissions.
|Choose three courses from the following:||9|
|World of the Working Musician|
|Peak Performance Strategies for Musicians|
|Communication, Marketing, and Publicity for the Musical Artist|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
The Frost Online certificate in Artist Development addresses the specialized skills and knowledge critical to establishing and sustaining a successful career as a performing artist. Courses available within this certificate focus on a range of topics carefully curated to address this goal, including: creation of a customized action plan based on personal goals and in-depth self-exploration, leadership skills in the arts industry, effective use of audio and video technology, development of confident and expressive performance skills, and communicating and marketing effectively in all media forms.
To provide a rigorous, stand-alone professional credential at the graduate level that gives performing artists the skills and knowledge they need to establish and sustain successful careers.
Student Learning Outcomes
Depending on the courses chosen, enrollees may address the following outcomes:
- Engage in comprehensive and meaningful self-discovery that translates into knowledge and a workable action plan for one’s career path
- Understand and utilize the skills and tactics of leadership as needed to successfully navigate the dynamic arts industry
- Acquire skills needed to record, mix, edit, and master content in both video and audio media, using the most current, practical, and affordable technology available
- Through research in performance and sport psychology, develop greater confidence and expression as a performer
- Learn valuable strategies for effective communication and marketing to meet one’s career goals