The University Cashier's Office processes payment in the form of cash, personal checks, certified/bank checks, money orders, 529 checks, outside scholarship checks, and loan checks.
Online payments via CaneLink include e-checks, wire transfers, and credit cards.
Checks and Money Orders
Payments must be in U.S. Dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank. Payments must be made payable to the University of Miami and include the student’s identification number to ensure credit to the student’s account. Post-dated checks are not accepted.
Returned Checks Policy
Returned check fines processed through CaneLink will incur a $20 fee.
Students may pay their tuition by wire transfer. The wire transfer instructions can be obtained through CaneLink.
How to obtain wire transfer instructions:
- Log into CaneLink and go to Student Center, click on the Payments/Account Summary button under the Finances section.
- A message box will be displayed to inform you that a new window will open
- You will be directed to the Flywire Account Summary page
- This page contains a summary of the balance due on your account and gives you access to other tabs
- Click on the Make Payment tab and select ‘Online Wire Payment’ and ‘Continue’
- Complete the requested information
- Download and follow instructions provided in order to transfer funds to Flywire to complete your payment
- Once the University receives the funds, your payment will post to your student account
*Students should make sure their full name, student ID number, and unique wire ID number are included with the wire transfer to ensure the funds are applied correctly.
Wire payments should be limited to educational expenses billed to the student's account. Funds intended to cover personal and living expenses not billed to the student's account must be sent directly to the student, not to the University of Miami. Wire transfer overpayments received by the University will be returned to the originating bank account and not refunded to the student.
The Office of Student Accounts offers an optional financial alternative to assist students and parents: The Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) allows you to divide your educational expenses into convenient monthly payments per semester.
Enrollment in the plan does represent a contractual agreement with the University. Proxies will be able to establish a monthly payment plan on behalf of the student if they are a fully authorized designated proxy on CaneLink.
For a step-by-step guide on enrolling in the MPP, please click here.
- Monthly Auto payment is deducted each month on the same day
- Monthly Auto Payment Reminder – 5 days prior
- ACH Insufficient Funds Return - $25 Servicer Fee (non-refundable)
- Missed Installment – Next Installment Doubled
- ACH Return Reattempts – 1
- No Reattempts for declined credit card payments
- The 2.3 % credit card service fee is non-refundable
- Number of Missed Installments before termination – 2
- There is a 3% non-refundable Participation Fee to enroll in the payment plan
The Charges Due will reflect on the student’s account until the payment plan has been paid in full. If additional charges are incurred, they may be added to the payment plan, future installments will increase accordingly, and the 3% non-refundable Participation Fee will be assessed. If a credit is applied to the student’s account, the change will be reflected accordingly the day before the installment is due.
*Executive/Professional MBA students and UM employees are ineligible to participate in the Monthly Payment Plan.