Housing and Residential Life

The University of Miami offers undergraduate on-campus housing in four residential colleges, University Village, and Lakeside Village.

Each residential area has an Area Director/Assistant Area Director and student staff who all live in the residential college with the resident students to support and promote student well-being, safety, academic achievement, student learning, and development. Each residential college additionally has residential faculty members. Numerous social, educational, cultural, and recreational programs are offered throughout the academic year.

The University has both single- and double-occupancy rooms/bedrooms. Single occupancy spaces are limited. All housing facilities are co-educational. Gender-inclusive housing is available upon request.

More details on the various Residential Communities can be found here

Applying for On-Campus Housing

Admitted undergraduate students, following verification of acceptance to the University and payment of the enrollment deposit, can apply for housing via CaneLink. For more details on the housing application processes, visit the HRL website

Students are encouraged to pay close attention to deadlines. The housing application process allows students to list room type and roommate preferences, however, no guarantees can be made. The $500 pre-payment is required by credit card at the time of application. 

Students are encouraged to read the Terms and Conditions of the Housing Agreement, paying close attention to the cancellation policies. In addition, students should be familiar with the Guide to Living On Campus and the policies and procedures noted therein. The Guide also features a copy of a sample Housing Agreement. 

For dates of housing availability and the move-in process, visit the HRL website

Off-Campus Housing Resources

The Department of Housing and Residential Life also maintains an off-campus housing portal to assist students, staff, and faculty with identifying off-campus housing options. Visit the HRL website or call 305-284-4505 for more information.