Certificate in Business
The Certificate in Business program provides professional and graduate students an opportunity to obtain valuable, fundamental business education and enhance their analytical skills, as well as soft skills. The program consists of seven courses in business covering all fundamental functions central to any business operation. Students can take one or more courses for credit, but must satisfactorily complete all seven courses to be awarded the certificate. One or more of these courses may also serve as part of the specialized master's degrees. The Graduate Admissions Committee welcomes applications from individuals whose undergraduate degrees are from accredited colleges or universities. The GMAT and GRE are not required except from students seeking admission to the specialized master’s programs.
To obtain detailed program admission information, please contact the Office of Recruiting and Admissions at 305-284-2510 or visit our website.
*This program is not eligible for federal or state financial aid. Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment for further assistance.
Requirements for Admission
- Completed application for admission submitted through BusinessCAS
- A $48 non-refundable application fee
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Official academic transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions must be submitted directly to BusinessCAS.
- International applicants must have their educational credentials from institutions outside of the United States verified by an approved international credentialing evaluation service such as World Education Services to confirm degree equivalency and GPA calculation.
- Statement of purpose and short-essay responses to the career goal and program-related questions in BusinessCAS
- A current resume
- At least one letter of recommendation (up to three allowed) may be submitted through the BusinessCAS portal by including recommender contacts within the Program Materials section of the application.
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score is required as proof of English proficiency for international applicants who did not receive a degree in the United States or a foreign country where English is the primary language. The following minimum score is required for admission to a graduate business degree program.
- TOEFL - 94 or above (iBT only)
- IELTS - 7.0 or above
If you do not yet have a TOEFL or IELTS score (international candidates only), you may complete and submit your application prior to taking the exam by indicating your approximate date within the Standardized Tests tab in the Academic History section. Select “Add Test Score” by the relevant test, then indicate that you have not yet taken the exam and add your estimated test date in the section provided.
We encourage candidates to upload unofficial transcripts and test scores (if required) with their BusinessCAS application in order to expedite the review of their file while official documents are processed.
Connect with Miami Herbert Business School’s graduate enrollment advisors at (305) 284-2510 or by email at email@example.com.
|ACC 671||Accounting for Decision Making||2|
|BUS 610||Communicating for Career Success||2|
|FIN 641||Valuation and Financial Decision Making||2|
|MAS 631||Statistics for Managerial Decision Making||2|
|MGT 620||Managing Through People||2|
|MGT 677||Corporate Strategy and Organization||2|
|MKT 640||Foundations of Marketing Management||2|
|Total Credit Hours||14|
Student Learning Outcomes
- The CBA students will demonstrate the ability to integrate and communicate business information.
- The CBA students will demonstrate the ability to understand and utilize the process of critical and analytical thinking in diverse business settings to solve problems and make decisions.