Entrance to the program is limited to those individuals who have demonstrated exceptional skills in performance or conducting by audition. A fully enrolled student can complete the 18 credit hour program in one year.
All applicants to the Frost School must submit the following items:
· An online application
· Application fee
· Three letters of recommendation
· Official transcripts from every post-secondary school attended
This graduate degree program also requires submission of certain supplemental materials, including:
· Live audition (preferred)
· TOEFL/IELTS score, as applicable
For more detailed information, please visit our Graduate Admission website.
|Applied Lessons (MIP XX5) (2 semesters at 4 credits each)||8|
|Performance Ensembles (1 credit each)||2|
|Two Recitals (MIP 814) (1 credit each)||2|
|Approved Studies in Music (any combination of credits, equaling 6 credits)||6|
|Total Credit Hours||18|
The mission of the Artist Diploma in Instrumental Performance is to:
- To stimulate the student's awareness and artistic creativity in the field of instrumental performance
- To provide students public performance opportunities in a supportive and encouraging environment
- To provide students with the performance skills necessary to allow them to pursue professional orchestra auditions, chamber music careers, national/international competitions, continued graduate study, and any other performance objectives necessary for a career as a classical instrumentalist.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop instrumental Technique to an artist level. They should have the tools necessary to continue graduate study at elite level music schools or pursue professional careers as classical instrumentalists.
- Students will develop instrumental Expression to an artist level. They should develop their Expression to pursue professional careers as classical instrumentalists.
- Students will develop Creativity to professional performing artist level. They should have the tools necessary to create compelling and relevant performances that are on par with professional performing artists. The creativity will be based on aspects such as presentation, venue, staging, and collaboration.