The Global Executive MBA program is aimed at senior executives who want to further their business acumen and enhance their understanding of conducting business globally. The format flexibility and length of the program will permit students to earn their MBA. The 17-month program blends face-to-face on-campus modules, which include executive presentations, case studies and group projects, with distance learning. It covers four focus areas (Global Strategy and Execution; Managing Global Operations and Decision Making; Global Multi-Cultural Leadership; and Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology) through eleven courses or modules, as well as an Integrated Project carried out in nine on-campus residencies and eight Inter-Residencies (distance-learning). The Global EMBA is lock-step in nature. Students will progress together through a sequential pattern of courses. The students will obtain their MBA after the successful completion of 45 credit hours over an 17 month period.
To obtain detailed program admission and curricula information please reference the program brochure which can be requested by contacting the Office of Recruiting and Admissions at 305-284-2510 or visit our website.
Requirements for Admission
- Completed application for admission submitted through BusinessCAS
- A $48 non-refundable application fee
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Official academic transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions must be submitted directly to BusinessCAS.
- International applicants must have their educational credentials from institutions outside of the United States verified by an approved international credentialing evaluation service such as World Education Services to confirm degree equivalency and GPA calculation.
- Statement of purpose and short-essay responses to the career goal and program-related questions in BusinessCAS
- A current resume
- At least one letter of recommendation (up to three allowed) may be submitted through the BusinessCAS portal by including recommender contacts within the Program Materials section of the application.
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score is required as proof of English proficiency for international applicants who did not receive a degree in the United States or a foreign country where English is the primary language. The following minimum score is required for admission to a graduate business degree program.
- TOEFL - 94 or above (iBT only)
- IELTS - 7.0 or above
If you do not yet have a TOEFL or IELTS score (international candidates only), you may complete and submit your application prior to taking the exam by indicating your approximate date within the Standardized Tests tab in the Academic History section. Select “Add Test Score” by the relevant test, then indicate that you have not yet taken the exam and add your estimated test date in the section provided.
We encourage candidates to upload unofficial transcripts and test scores (if required) with their BusinessCAS application in order to expedite the review of their file while official documents are processed.
Connect with Miami Herbert Business School’s graduate enrollment advisors at (305) 284-2510 or by email at email@example.com.
|BUS 650||Introduction to the Miami EMBA for the Americas||1|
|BUS 651||Global Strategic Marketing||4|
|BUS 652||Global Strategy||2|
|BUS 653||Global Institutions and Economy||4|
|BUS 654||Corporate Financing and Investing||4|
|BUS 656||Integrated Business Project 1||6|
|BUS 657||Optimizing Human Capital||4|
|BUS 658||Business Analytics||4|
|BUS 660||High Performance Leadership||4|
|BUS 661||Enhancing Global Operations||4|
|BUS 662||Decision Making in Global Environment||4|
|BUS 663||Entrepreneurship and Innovation||4|
|Total Credit Hours||45|
1. Runs throughout the program.
- To develop innovative ideas and principled leaders that transform global business and society.
Student Learning Outcomes
- The MBA students will demonstrate the ability to integrate business information and knowledge within the strategies and perspectives of an organization.
- The MBA students will demonstrate the ability to understand and utilize the process of critical and analytical thinking in diverse business settings to solve problems and make decisions.
- The MBA students will demonstrate sensitivity to issues in business decision-making from an ethical and social perspective (principled leaders).
- The MBA students will demonstrate an understanding of business operations and decision-making in a global environment.