The University of Miami Herbert Business School offers a joint M.D./M.B.A. degree program in partnership with the Miller School of Medicine. The business curriculum prepares future physicians for the business complexities related to running a private medical practice or heading a group practice, as well as prepare medical students for careers in health sector management, leadership and policy.
The M.D./M.B.A. program adds an additional year to the four-year medical school curriculum. The M.B.A. coursework ranges from financial reporting and corporate strategy to the legal aspects of health administration.
MD/MBA candidates have the option of choosing a Research Track (project based which provides practical hands on experience) or an Elective Track (provides business electives). Please refer to the curriculum for details.
Questions about the M.D. portion of the program should be directed to Senior Associate Dean Alex Mechaber, M.D., at the Miller School of Medicine, AMechabe@med.miami.edu, while questions about the MBA portion should be directed to Admission Advisors at the Miami Herbert Business School, 305-284-2510 or email@example.com.
M.D. students are required to submit a Full-Time MBA online application to be considered for the M.D./M.B.A. Program.
The application deadline for this program is April 1st of each year.
To obtain detailed program admission information, please reference the program brochure which can be requested by contacting the Office of Recruiting and Admissions at 305-284-2510 or visit our website.
- Completed application for admission submitted through BusinessCAS
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Official academic transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions must be submitted directly to BusinessCAS.
- International applicants must have their educational credentials from institutions outside of the United States verified by an approved international credentialing evaluation service such as World Education Services to confirm degree equivalency and GPA calculation.
- Statement of purpose and short-essay responses to the career goal and program-related questions in BusinessCAS
- A current resume
- At least one letter of recommendation (up to three allowed) may be submitted through the BusinessCAS portal by including recommender contacts within the Program Materials section of the application.
- Official GMAT (or GRE) score to be sent directly to the University of Miami Herbert Business School by using the relevant code below.
- GMAT Institution Code is 7NV-S1-92
- GRE institution Code is 5815
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score is required as proof of English proficiency for international applicants who did not receive a degree in the United States or a foreign country where English is the primary language. The following minimum score is required for admission to a graduate business degree program.
- TOEFL - 94 or above (iBT only)
- IELTS - 7.0 or above
If you do not yet have a GMAT or GRE score or TOEFL or IELTS score (international candidates only), you may complete and submit your application prior to taking the exam by indicating your approximate date within the Standardized Tests tab in the Academic History section. Select “Add Test Score” by the relevant test, then indicate that you have not yet taken the exam and add your estimated test date in the section provided.
We encourage candidates to upload unofficial transcripts and test scores (if required) with their BusinessCAS application in order to expedite the review of their file while official documents are processed.
Connect with Miami Herbert Business School’s graduate enrollment advisors at (305) 284-2510 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum Requirements - MD/MBA
|Students will complete the full requirements for the MD degree:|
|ACC 670||Financial Reporting and Analysis||2|
|ACC 671||Accounting for Decision Making||2|
|BSL 685||Legal Aspects of Health Administration||2|
|BTE 610||Digital Transformation||2|
|ECO 685||Managerial Decisions in a Global Economy||2|
|FIN 641||Valuation and Financial Decision Making||2|
|FIN 642||The Financial Environment||2|
|HMP 601||Essentials of Health Care Administration||2|
|HMP 655||Public Policy and Health||2|
|HMP 683||Professional Skills Development||2|
|HMP 684||Analysis of Health Care Delivery and Policy||2|
|MAS 631||Statistics for Managerial Decision Making||2|
|MAS 632||Management Science Models for Decision Making||2|
|MGT 620||Managing Through People||2|
|MGT 643||Principles of Operations Management||2|
|MGT 675||Business Policy and Strategy||2|
|MGT 677||Corporate Strategy and Organization||2|
|MKT 640||Foundations of Marketing Management||2|
|Total Credit Hours||193|