The Miami Herbert Business School offers an accelerated MBA program with a concentration in real estate highlighted by two internship opportunities. Bringing together the School's strengths in management education with the strengths of the UM School of Architecture in new urbanism, the program prepares students to succeed in commercial real estate market careers. This program is designed to meet the needs of the student with an undergraduate degree in business. Applicants must demonstrate successful completion of the core business courses: Financial and Managerial Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics, Calculus, Organizational Behavior, Operations Management, Marketing, and Finance.
To obtain detailed program admission information, please reference the program brochure which can be requested by contacting the Office of Recruiting and Admissions at 305-284-2510 or visit our website.
- Completed application for admission submitted through BusinessCAS
- A $48 non-refundable application fee
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Official academic transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions must be submitted directly to BusinessCAS.
- International applicants must have their educational credentials from institutions outside of the United States verified by an approved international credentialing evaluation service such as World Education Services to confirm degree equivalency and GPA calculation.
- Successful completion of business prerequisite courses in areas of accounting, economics, statistics, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, and operations management. Please contact Miami Herbert Business School for a complete prerequisite course list.
- Statement of purpose and short-essay responses to the career goal and program-related questions in BusinessCAS
- A current resume
- At least one letter of recommendation (up to three allowed) may be submitted through the BusinessCAS portal by including recommender contacts within the Program Materials section of the application.
- Official GMAT (or GRE) score to be sent directly to the University of Miami Herbert Business School by using the relevant code below.
- GMAT Institution Code is 7NV-S1-87
- GRE institution Code is 5815
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score is required as proof of English proficiency for international applicants who did not receive a degree in the United States or a foreign country where English is the primary language. The following minimum score is required for admission to a graduate business degree program.
- TOEFL - 94 or above (iBT only)
- IELTS - 7.0 or above
If you do not yet have a GMAT or GRE score or TOEFL or IELTS score (international candidates only), you may complete and submit your application prior to taking the exam by indicating your approximate date within the Standardized Tests tab in the Academic History section. Select “Add Test Score” by the relevant test, then indicate that you have not yet taken the exam and add your estimated test date in the section provided.
We encourage candidates to upload unofficial transcripts and test scores (if required) with their BusinessCAS application in order to expedite the review of their file while official documents are processed.
Connect with Miami Herbert Business School’s graduate enrollment advisors at (305) 284-2510 or by email at email@example.com.
|BSL 690||Responsible Business||2|
|BSL 694||Real Estate Law||2|
|BTE 610||Digital Transformation||2|
|BUS 610||Communicating for Career Success||2|
|BUS 801||Introduction to Commercial Real Estate: Analysis and Field Experience||3|
|BUS 802||Commercial Real Estate Field Experience||3|
|FIN 641||Valuation and Financial Decision Making||2|
|FIN 642||The Financial Environment||2|
|FIN 644||Real Estate Investment and Appraisal||2|
|FIN 645||Real Estate Finance (Full Semester)||3|
|FIN 646||Real Estate Market Analysis||2|
|FIN 648||Advanced ARGUS||1|
|FIN 649||Non-Profit Consulting Project (Full Semester)||2|
|FIN 698||Selected Topics in Finance (Real Estate Development)||2|
|MAS 632||Management Science Models for Decision Making||2|
|MGT 677||Corporate Strategy and Organization||2|
|MKT 650||Strategic Marketing||2|
|RED 601||Introduction to Real Estate Development and Urbanism||3|
|Total Credit Hours||39|