The Bachelor of Architecture/Master of Business Administration is an exciting joint venture with the Miami Business School and School of Architecture, which will allow students to earn a Bachelor of Architecture as well as a Master of Business Administration. The joint degree offers students the unique opportunity to complete the two degrees in six years, saving an entire year by combining the programs.
Students will begin taking Saturday graduate level business courses during the fourth year of their architecture program. Both degrees are fully accredited by their respective accrediting bodies — the NCARB and AACSB International.
To obtain detailed program admission information, please reference the program brochure which can be requested by contacting the Office of Recruiting and Admissions at 305-284-2510 or visit our website.
To qualify for admission to the BArch / MBA program, a student must:
- Be an undergraduate University of Miami architecture major
Requirements for Admission
- Completed application for admission submitted through BusinessCAS
- Academic transcript(s)
- An unofficial copy of your current transcript must be uploaded with your online application.
- Request official evaluations of transcripts from all previously attended non-U.S. institutions to be sent to BusinessCAS.
- Statement of purpose and short-essay responses to the career goal and program-related questions in BusinessCAS
- A current resume
- At least one letter of recommendation (up to three allowed) may be submitted through the BusinessCAS portal by including recommender contacts within the Program Materials section of the application.
- Official GMAT (or GRE) score to be sent directly to the University of Miami Herbert Business School by using the relevant code below.
- GMAT Institution Code is 7NV-S1-99
- GRE institution Code is 5815
If you have not yet taken the GMAT exam, you may complete and submit your application by indicating your approximate date within the Standardized Test tab in the Academic History section of the BusinessCAS application. Select “Add Test Score” by the relevant test, then indicate that you have not yet taken the exam and add your estimated test date in the section provided.
We encourage candidates to upload unofficial transcripts and test scores with their BusinessCAS application in order to expedite the review of their file while official documents are processed.
Connect with Miami Herbert Business School’s graduate enrollment advisors at (305) 284-2510 or by email at email@example.com.
|Communicating for Career Success
|Managerial Decisions in a Global Economy
|The Financial Environment
|Management Science Models for Decision Making
|Principles of Operations Management
|Business Policy and Strategy
|Corporate Strategy and Organization
|Additional Required Courses
24 credits of electives (approximately 12 courses) are required. Elective offerings are based on class demand.
Prerequisite coursework: The following courses must be successfully completed during the fourth year of the BArch program: ACC 670, FIN 641, MAS 201, MGT 620, MKT 640