Two types of procedures exist:

  • Academic and
  • Nonacademic.

Procedures for handling disciplinary and grievance matters are handled by the Graduate Student Appeals Committee. Contact the Graduate School for details about the appeals process. The Graduate School expects an appeal to have gone through the program or department and then the School’s Academic Dean prior to its being heard by the Graduate School. The University Ombudsperson may also be consulted. For more information, please refer to the Academic Policies page.